Mesa Verde National Park (View gallery)
Spruce Tree House
On sixteen occasions so far, I traveled through the American Southwest for a total of thirty-four weeks, driving many thousand miles and taking 36493 pictures. You can read individual trip reports below, or access the galleries via the links above. There's also a list of cars I rented.
- Trip 15 - A fifteen-day trip to California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona with some big hikes (September-October 2008)
I rented a Corvette for a day in San Francisco, and then toured CA in a SUV for the remaining two weeks.
- Trip 14 - A one-week trip to the California deserts (February 2008)
A circular round trip to Salton Sea, Joshua Tree NP, Mojave NPr and Death Valley NP.
- Trip 9 - A one-week trip to Death Valley and the Sierra Nevada (November 2005)
I drove from San Francisco to Lake Tahoe, briefly stopped at Mono Lake before spending most of the week in Death Valley National Park. I then drove to Sequoia National Park for the last day, and flew out via Los Angeles.
- Trip 8 - A 24-day trip through the American Rockies and Desert Southwest (August-September 2005)
A 24-day road trip through Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona.
- Trip 7 - Adventures out West - Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, etc (August 2004)
A three-week road trip through the American West.
- Trip 6 - Staying in Napa Valley for a month, and an escape to Death Valley (December 2003 - January 2004)
I spent New Year's Eve in San Francisco, and then lived most of January in Napa Valley before heading on a four day get-away to Death Valley. (Incomplete)
- Trip 5 - One-week Northern California round trip (September 2003)
I took a week off work to travel to Yosemite NP, Northern California and Napa Valley with a friend from California
- Trip 4 - Two-week San Francisco and desert California round trip (February - March 2003)
Two-week trip to California and parts of Nevada. Includes another drive up Highway 1, four days spent in San Francisco, and more time spent in Death Valley and Joshua Tree, as well as several areas surrounding these two.
- Trip 3 - One-week California round trip (October - November 2002)
A week-long round-trip that took me from San Francisco to Yosemite, through Bodie State Park and Mono Lake to Death Valley National Park, and then back to the start via Route 66 and Highway 1.
- Trip 2 - Southern parts of the Southwest, two week solo round-trip (March 2002)
A two-week solo road trip through both well-known national parks and lesser-travelled scenic areas in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Utah.
- Trip 1 - Classic 3-week Southwest trip (July - August 2001)
A classic three-week southwest round-trip to a dozen national parks and many other locations in California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado and Arizona.
Links to all the main pages can be found in a site map.